I adore roasted vegetables but I always tend to eat them the same way so I thought I’d try something new after eating some left over vegetables cold and still finding them delicious. I love that this is such a simple recipe that once the vegetables are roasted it takes a few minutes to put together. The flavours really compliment each other well and the Greek basil adds something really special to the dish. This salad is great for a healthy lunch or as a delicious side to go with grilled meats, each portions comes in at 265 calories.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 2 Aubergines, cut into chunks
- 4 Courgettes, halved length ways and sliced
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- A Large Pinch of Chili Flakes
- Salt & Pepper, to season
- 200g Light Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 400g Tin of Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- A Small Handful of Greek Basil, finely chopped
Method – Takes 1 Hour
1. Preheat the oven to 225c. Add the chopped vegetables to a roasting dish and toss with the olive oil, chili flakes and some salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 40 minutes tossing half way through.
2. Once the vegetables are cooked and cooled, add the feta, chickpeas and Greek Basil, taste and add more seasoning if necessary. Serve.