I always find that stir fries and Asian dishes are always much more satisfying in the warmer weather, when it’s cold and raining outside I just want to snuggle up with a big bowl of stew and keep warm. When the weather starts getting better I start wanting more fresh and quick dishes, with lots of vegetables and that’s what I love about this dish, it takes about 15 minutes to make and it has plenty of fresh vegetables and lots of flavour! This dish started of as more of a stir fry but it’s become more of a fried rice, it’s lovely to get the rice all mixed in with the veg and prawns to soak up all the juices!
Ingredients – Serves 2
- 1 Tablespoon of Sesame Oil
- 250g Mange Tout
- 150g Broccoli, cut into small florets
- 4 Spring Onion, finely sliced
- 250g Large Prawns, defrosted if using frozen ones
- 100g Basmati Rice, cooked to packet instructions
- 100g Peas, cooked to packet instructions
- 2 Teaspoons of Sesame Seeds, toasted
- A Large Pinch of Chili Flakes
- Salt & Pepper, to season
Method – Takes about 15 minutes
1. Heat the sesame oil in a wok on a medium high heat, add the chopped vegetables and stir fry until they start to turn golden brown. Add the prawns and stir fry for a further 3 minutes until they are heated through.
2. Add the rice, peas, sesame seeds and chili flakes to the wok. Add the salt and pepper to taste. Serve straight away!